When you think of California, you may think of Hollywood, the surfer life, and gluten-free food. What you may not know is just how many amazing places there are to visit in the Golden State that we are confident you will love. Forget your hesitations, jump in any one of the many RV rentals to be found in your area and go ahead and explore these top 5 California destinations on what promises to be an unforgettable road trip:
- Big Bear Lake: While Cali has its gorgeous sunny beaches; it also has some winter wonderland magic to offer visitors as well. Big Bear is one such destination where you can find plenty of powder fun. From skiing to snowboarding, there is something for everyone. Whether you park your Apollo RV rental near the lake and wake up each morning with gorgeous views or you cozy up in a cabin in the forest, Big Bear is a place that we suggest you include on your California itinerary.
- South Lake Tahoe: If there is a place that combines some of natures finest components, it is South Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada, California. The beautiful clear water, the snow-capped mountains in the distance, the majestic forest, and the fresh air make it a destination that you dont want to miss out on. Here, the things to do are endless. From hiking and camping to fishing and boating, its the ideal California get-away.
- San Francisco: Of course, San Francisco is an extremely popular destination, but it is with its merits. San Francisco may not be the city that you want to settle down in due to its sky-high real estate prices, but for an RV road trip destination, it is a fabulous idea. While there you will undoubtedly want to visit the Golden Gate Bridge, which we can tell you, is an incredible experience, but you should also take the time to get to see the city itself. Mission district, for example, is a charming area where you will find unique architecture, delectable food, and interesting people. Alcatraz is an interesting experience, but make sure to book in advance as tickets sell fast-very fast.
- Yosemite Falls: For anyone who loves nature and wants to see a national park in all of its glory, you must visit Yosemite Falls in the early spring. During this time, you can see the falls in full force, feel the fresh cool weather, and enjoy hikes throughout the area. Some people like to rock climb near the falls, but this is definitely not an experience for beginners. As one of the well-known national parks in the U.S, we promise that it is a destination that wont disappoint.
- Catalina Island: Of course a visit to California without a trip to the beach wouldnt be complete, so to truly take advantage of fun in the sun, a visit to Catalina Island is in order. Just 22 miles away from the California coast near Long Beach, Catalina Island is where you will find plenty of things to do in a beautiful location. From kayaking to snorkeling, horseback riding, and even hiking, your time spent on Catalina Island will be time well spent.