Wood of almost every sort has the potential of giving a deep sense of being close to the nature. It gives a tough competition to the other forms of materials that we use commonly. All of us are aware of the various uses to which the furniture can be put to. In fact, it has become such a part and parcel of our daily lives that without it the place feels scrappy, be it a house or an office set-up. If metal-based objects are superseded with something which is made up of furniture, it gives a really traditional and rustic view to an area so much so that it starts taking over the entire zone. If you have ever placed even one woodenobject in your room, you might have noticed what difference it makes.
Types of Wood Used
To manufacture any piece of furniture, two types of wood are used:
- Hardwood, which includes maple, cherry, oak, mahogany, ash, birch, etc. These woods are quite expensive as compared to the other types of woods available because the trees which provide such woods are slow-growing trees and thus, produce dense wood-material.
- Softwood, which consists of pine, fir, cedar, larch, etc. Though softwood is also quite popular in the market, but due to certain natural qualities, hardwood is more preferred.
Ways to Use Wood as a Decor
The “visual weight” should be borne in mind before deciding to place furniture anywhere. The visual weight is all about balancing of the room. Just imagine, how would it feel if all the tables and chairs are pushed to only one side of the room? How would it look? So decorating a region with furniture requires a few golden rules to be followed:
- An item of furniture like chair, table, etc., should be placed away from the walls of the room.
- A proper room must be allowed between the tables and the seatings.
- Minimum two pathways are desirable in a single room to allow enough movement without rendering an obnoxious view to the room.
- Clustered or grouped seating is preferable in order to facilitate discussions among the members.
It is not only for the rooms to get furniture as an embellishment but any other part of your house can also be made picturesque with the help of wood in a form which is best suited to showcase the role the room must play. For example, a kitchen can also be graced by placing wooden cabinets to allow storage of the various items. Modern Kitchen Furniture OR Köögimööbel provides a perfect solution to the needs of an individual in addition to elucidating his taste and persona. In fact, few people also prefer a seating arrangement inside their kitchen area.
As far as adorning a segment of your kitchen is concerned, the Kitchen Furniture include inbuilt wooden cabinets for storing purposes which helps keeping food items, cooking equipment, silverware, and other appliances. These cabinets may be installed either on the floor or on the walls of the kitchen. However, when multiple floor cabinets are used, these are covered by a single counter and neither the walls behind the cabinets nor the floor beneath is visible at all. For buying the cabinets as Kitchen Furniture, readymade, as well as customised designs, are available as per your own choice with your preferred design.
Even the children too love the contribution of furniture in their rooms. Be it in the form of a bunk-bed, a studytable with a wooden chair accompanying it, or it is their wardrobe; anything made up of wood is always appealing to the eyes.
So in a way, choosing the right furniture for your home or office is imperative to make a proper utilization of the place as well as to provide an exquisite silhouette to your entire home. Such choice also serves as a guide to one’s personality too, so the decision must be thoughtfully taken. In any case, wooden furnishings stowed anywhere in your house/office purvey something about your own disposition.
Fred Pipkin is quite an expert when it comes to home décor. Right from choosing the adequate kitchen furniture to decorating your lounge, he emphasizes every bit that occupies space in your house.