It is good that you have already contracted renovation contractors in Toronto, if you are living in Toronto, before renovating your home because this isn’t an easy job to renovate your own home. Whatever the renovation is about, might be adding a room, or remodelling your bathroom or kitchen or thoroughly remodelling your whole house, the job needs skilful hands to complete it.
As the job is given to the contractor, you have lessened your physical labor as well as worry, but still, you have many things to do, like preparing yourself, preparing your other family members, dealing with your contractor and preparing your home.
Let’s starts with the things you need to do:
- Place your fragile items like photos, artworks, china, electronics and stuff in a safer place outside the working area so that they don’t get broken.
- You should remove the bulky and significant items from the workplace like large rugs, sofas, cabinets etc. If you can do that yourself that’s fine else take the help of the contractor, he will help you out or might charge you a little bit.
- Beware of theft and misplacement of items which are costly when any renovation work is going on. It is better you shift them for the time being to some other place or hire deposit box.
Preparing yourself and other home members for renovation:
- The foremost thing is that you shouldn’t take a vacation when the renovation is going on at your home. You or someone very trustworthy of yours should supervise works carried out staying there.
- You shouldn’t reschedule your working schedule. The contractors agreed to your bid; they should brief you about the job to your every day either at your job site or your lunch break.
- Explain to your children beforehand that this renovation is for positive change.
- Protect your relationship, as significant renovations take a lot of time, money and stress.
- Though it is your renovation, sometimes your neighbors might mind if their kids are having exams or they are in stress for anything, just as a gesture let them know your renovation will get started and talk to them about your plans.