Living room is a pretty self-explaining name; it is the main room of the house, the one intended for you to live in. Here is where the main activities of the house happen and where family members and guests meet to watch a movie, for dinner or whatever. Many of the best memories of our home happen in the living room and then, sometimes these activities need stuff and the easiest way is to store them in the living room, however, if we store a lot of stuff on it, we will end up having a warehouse and we dont want that. We want a streamlined living room and here you are some tips to achieve it.
- If you have stairs at home, they are usually located in the living room and the area behind them is a perfect place to store stuff. But instead of having them all messy, you can install a few shelves for items you arent going to use regularly like books. We advise against storing umbrellas, dog lashes, purses, shoes and things you are likely to use on your everyday life here.
- Make yourself an entertainment center. Yes, you have seen on TV many celebs to have a flat screen just attached to the wall but consider that TVs dont usually come alone. You are likely to have a gaming system, cable boxes and many other stuff around so, if you just hang your TV you are wasting space. Get yourself an entertainment center to keep this stuff near the TV so that you dont see them and you can focus on what you need to look at, your TV. For entertainment centers there are many options, from cheap assembled ones to custom ones.
- If your living room is big enough and you have the dining and the living area in the same room, a good idea is to use storage elements as dividers of both. Not only you are dividing your room successfully but you are also adding some storage areas.
- Crystal and glass fronts are nice and they look so cool to display treasured items but many of your stuff is not beautiful or meant to be shown off. Use glass sparingly and make sure you have many opaque fronts as well, to hide all the messy stuff.
- Add floating shelves. They are not only cases, they can also be floating ones. Your favorite elements can be stored here but, remember to display them at different heights if you dont want your room to look too packed.
- Bins and boxes are great friends. We are not talking about trash bins or ugly cardboard boxes, you can find beautiful and cool ones in your favorite store and they are great to store your gaming controllers, magazines, knitting tools and everything you arent going to need every day but when you need them, you need them all and you need them sorted.
If your living room windows look right out onto the street, you surely want to make sure that you dont feel overexposed.Light filtering Roller blinds could be so beneficial it this case and they could be the perfect solutions that can be provided to your windows.